Locked Folder

Reaction score
Hi
I work in a school end each student has a folder to store their work in whch is in a class folder. All this is stored on a server which all students can access on any macbook thoughout the school. I usually lock the class folder so they cant be deleted. Do this by going to get info and then ticking the lock box. with rollong the classes over for a new year one folder cant be unlocked. Untick the box and the tick goes back in again. Ant thoughts
Leo

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

You could ret this,
  1. Open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities).
  2. Type this, followed by a space: sudo chflags -R nouchg
  3. Drag the folder you would like to unlock into the Terminal window.
  4. Press Return.
  5. Enter your password and press Return.

Reaction score
Hi
I work in a school end each student has a folder to store their work in whch is in a class folder. All this is stored on a server which all students can access on any macbook thoughout the school. I usually lock the class folder so they cant be deleted. Do this by going to get info and then ticking the lock box. with rollong the classes over for a new year one folder cant be unlocked. Untick the box and the tick goes back in again. Ant thoughts
Leo
Hi and welcome,

You could ret this,
  1. Open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities).
  2. Type this, followed by a space: sudo chflags -R nouchg
  3. Drag the folder you would like to unlock into the Terminal window.
  4. Press Return.
  5. Enter your password and press Return.
Thanks for that, worked well.
Leo

Ask a Question