Lite-On DX-20A4PU Help

Reaction score
Hello all. I just recently bought a Lite-On DX-20A4PU after researching it and finding out that it *supposedly* runs well with Macs. It hangs whenever I put *anything* in the drive though. System profiler recognizes it and all my programs can see it (DVD player, MTR, Toast, etc.), but anytime I try to actually run something the system just hangs. I tried to run it in Parallels under my XP image but it'll even hang there. Can someone please help me with this?

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

first I would be tempted to check what version firmware it has and update to the latest version...then let us know if it still doesn't work.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hello!,
I recently purchased the same drive and also read material that said it was Mac compatible. I can burn DVD's from the Finder using burn folders no problem. DVD movies and other disc's mount on the desktop but when I try to access files from those disc's whatever program I'm using (Toast, MTR, DVD Player Etc...) seems to hang and freeze.

The drive I have does have the current firmware. I'm wondering if updating Toast to current version (9.0.2) will help. I am using 8.0.3 right now. I'm pleased the drive is not useless and I can burn from the Finder but I want to be able to use it with Toast. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
did you ever get this sorted? I have what would seem to be the same problem...
Just wondering if you had any luck?

Reaction score
@SebastianHS

Luckily for myself, the superdrive in my emac will still read DVDs. It just wont burn them. So I use that to copy DVDs to my hard drive. I then use DVD2oneX to burn the DVDs with my LiteOn external burner. No problems. I noticed the DVDs I was burning using the finder with my LiteOn would not play in all my DVD players. So I started using the DVD2oneX work around. Works great. Also DVD+R's seem to work using Toast 9.0.2 with the LiteOn.
BTW - I am running 10.4.11 on an old 1.25 ghz G4 iMac.

Hope this helps you out

Ask a Question