Linking Problems

Reaction score
When I click-on any links found embedded within an email I am sent to a google start page instead of being sent to the intended link page. How do I correct this?

Reaction score
Need some more information:

1. What exact Mac model do you have?

2. What exact Mac OS are you using? If it's a recent upgrade/installation, did you just upgrade "in place", ie, have the new OS basically overwrite what was on your Mac already?

3. This is critical: are you making backups to an external device?

4. Have you ever done any disk cleanup/maintenance/repairs, from a software perspective? You can actually do a good amount of disk cleanup on your own, and there are quite a few excellent products available (both free and commercial) that can help you with those tasks.

5 What EMail client/program are you using?

6. When did this behavior start happening?

Once you provide succinct answers to these questions, we can help you.

(By the way, I use Outlook 2016 on both of my Macs running the latest version of High Sierra. I looked in the Preferences for Outlook 2016 (and any possible System Preferences), but did not see any "setting" for what happens when I click on a link in an EMail (trusted one, of course!). Maybe your machine contains some kind of malware that is causing this).

Last edited:

Ask a Question