Leopard won't get IP address from ISP

Reaction score
...and only from the ISP, I do have it connected both to a home router/NAT, for secure file and printer sharing, and directly to the ISP because, well, it's Leopard Server really, and I don't want the hassle of a NAT if I don't have to, but I don't think the server part really matters in this case.

Anyway, I've tried connecting both wirelessly and tethered (wireless switch, not a router/NAT), but it refuses to get anything else than a self-assigned IP. when I switch to connecting to the router, both types work flawlessly, and the other computers I have (macs and a PC) work both with and without the router. I'm not really concerned as to why it won't talk to the ISP directly (it did a couple of days ago, and nothing's changed as far as I know, except perhaps on the ISP's end, I have had the surprise of getting IPv6 addresses every now and then lately), but rather how I could trick then into talk to each other again.

Ask a Question