League of Legends

DDD

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am new to this forum and I'd have some questions regarding League of Legends and my ISP.

First of all: I have a Macbook Pro (Mid 2012) with 10.8.4 OS X.

So, what's my problem? There are a lot of disconnects lately and my ISP told me that everything is fine with my network. So I went to my sister's home to try it out there. A lot of disconnects/timeouts as well. The disconnects always last for like 5-30 seconds (rarely longer).

Do you have any idea why this could be possible?

I'm from Vienna/Austria and my ISP is called UPC. Maybe this will help you guys:

Wi-Fi:

Typ:AirPort
Hardware:AirPort
BSD-Gerätename:en1
IPv4-Adressen:192.168.0.11
IPv4:
Adressen:192.168.0.11
ARPResolvedHardwareAddress:80:c6:ab:71:05:5a
ARPResolvedIPAddress:192.168.0.1
Konfigurationsmethode:DHCP
Schnittstellenname:en1
Netzwerksignatur:IPv4.Router=192.168.0.1;IPv4.RouterHardwareAddress=80:c6:ab:71:05:5a
Router:192.168.0.1
Teilnetzmasken:255.255.255.0
IPv6:
Konfigurationsmethode:Automatisch
DNS:
Serveradressen:212.186.211.21, 195.34.133.21
Antworten vom DHCP-Server:
Domain-Name-Server:212.186.211.21,195.34.133.21
Lease-Dauer (Sekunden):0
DHCP-Nachrichtentyp:0x05
Router:192.168.0.1
Serveridentifizierung:192.168.0.1
Teilnetzmaske:255.255.255.0
Ethernet:
MAC-Adresse:5c:96:9d:79:b3:2b
Medienoptionen:
Medien-Untertyp:Automatisch
Proxies:
Ausnahmeliste:*.local, 169.254/16
Passiver FTP-Modus:Ja
Reihenfolge der Dienste:3
While playing LoL my FPS is dropping from time to time and the pings gets higher (that's probably because of my ISP/router or whatsoever). My FPS drops from 100-80 to 30-10. I put everything on "middle quality" and deactivated shadows etc.The ping is normally at around 35-40, but gets higher from time to time or I even disconnect. Higher pings are around 100-400 (very often) and disconnects are just constant 500 ms with a message "trying to reconnect" on the screen.
Is there any further information I could give you? I am really frustrated, I've been experiencing this issue for months now! No one is able to help me.
Thanks for ANY kind of help! THANKS!
DDD
PS: I already changed my router four times (they thought the router is the problem) but it didn't help at all.

Reaction score
check you Console log and see if there is anything else logging problems at the same time. My guess is something running updates or checking for updates in the background. Chrome or Adobe products/ Flash could be the problem.

Reaction score
To add to Kavemans hints, what is your connection like via ethernet cable? If you experience the same dropouts then I really would get tough with UPC.

So I went to my sister's home to try it out there. A lot of disconnects/timeouts as well.

If she uses the same ISP I would expect this.

DDD

Reaction score
Oh well, she actually uses the same ISP. Where can I check the "console log"?
Thanks for your replies, guys! :)

Btw.: I already called UPC (my ISP) and they told me that: I'm supposed to change my router (get a new one from them). OK, I did that. I got four new ones. It didn't help at all.
Their next advice: NONE! They couldn't help me, because everything is fine on their screen. My Macbook Pro should work fine with that Internet (according to them).

I'm really frustrated, guys. Thanks for replying though!

PS: Actually the whole process (with my ISP) is lasting already five or six months. That's why I registered here and ask some guys who know more than me!

DDD

Reaction score
check you Console log and see if there is anything else logging problems at the same time. My guess is something running updates or checking for updates in the background. Chrome or Adobe products/ Flash could be the problem.
I'm not running anything at all in the background or at least I wouldn't know if I did.
I have a lot of screenshots from disconnects and high pings during the game. I'm disconnecting also from Skype and everything. I sent it to my ISP but they're not really convinced, I guess.
I can't believe that they're the best ISP in the whole city...

Reaction score
If your sister experiences same drop outs then its a no brainier. If not try a couple of things. Also you did not mention if this happens when wired.

1) Go to network preferences in system preferences and uncheck ask to join new networks and apply the change.
2) disable Bluetooth.
3) make sure modem has latest firmware.

You could try resetting all configurations for your network by doing the following.

A) Navigate to: Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/System Configuration and remove: com.apple.airport.preferences.plist; com.apple.network.identification.plist

B) Open Keychain Utility and remove everything that has to do with network (check all sections on left)

C) Go into Network.prefpane in System Preferences and select Airport. Then select Advanced. Remove ALL preferred networks from the list

D) Restart your computer

E) Type in all your network information

Ask a Question