Late 2015 2.5 imac internal cleaning

Reaction score
will using vacum either blowing or sucking help clean internally ......am in rural setting not in position to tear down and clean correctly, also where can i find a chart of cpu, graphics card etc temp. for 2,8 ghz 5 core
dont have any issues currently but want to do some maintenance as am in a very dusty location.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Most vacuums won't have enough pressure to clean deeply inside the iMac. The most effective thing would be canned air in the vents. When using a Mac in a very dusty environment, it is best to not leave it powered on when not in use and possibly cover it. Also, a small desk fan blowing away from the back/vents may help prevent dust from entering the enclosure.

There isn't an Apple-published chart for internal temps, but there are several monitoring utilities that will monitor the temps and fans, and have a range of acceptable temps. Personally I use Tunabelly TG Pro, which is actually on sale now for $10 USD. I also used Bresink Hardware Monitor for years until it was retired in 2017.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question