Keychain Folder issues

Reaction score
My computer create an obscene amount of files in the keychain folder into the users library named like this: "login.keychain.sb-9e48b476-l1diRf" each is 13 MB which when you have thusands is several GB of space. , Also create folders call: FA9205C5-D19D-5417-8A41-2D6A4BB01869

I notice that I run out of space I couldn't figure out why until I get to this folder user/library/keychain I check my wife computer and she have only 16 files inside that folder I had 22 thousand so I deleted most and I got 240 GB of space I had to put some passwords again but I check other peoples Macs and they only have 16 or 20 files. After I deleted I go and check the folder again and my computer produce every time I reboot hundreds of files that I have to delete all the time.
If anyone here maybe knows what make the computer over produce these files.

Thanks
Hernan

Reaction score
My computer create an obscene amount of files in the keychain folder into the users library named like this: "login.keychain.sb-9e48b476-l1diRf" each is 13 MB which when you have thusands is several GB of space. , Also create folders call: FA9205C5-D19D-5417-8A41-2D6A4BB01869

I notice that I run out of space I couldn't figure out why until I get to this folder user/library/keychain I check my wife computer and she have only 16 files inside that folder I had 22 thousand so I deleted most and I got 240 GB of space I had to put some passwords again but I check other peoples Macs and they only have 16 or 20 files. After I deleted I go and check the folder again and my computer produce every time I reboot hundreds of files that I have to delete all the time.
If anyone here maybe knows what make the computer over produce these files.

Thanks
Hernan

Reaction score
Hi Hernan,

Also create folders call: FA9205C5-D19D-5417-8A41-2D6A4BB01869

All these numbered folders should be unique.

One question after you sent these file to the trash did you empty the trash?

If so try this.
Do what you did before IE send to the trash but do not empty the trash, now reboot the Mac. And go into the keychain folder to check the result.

Reaction score
Thanks I will try. But What you think would be the results? Because now I know what make my computer run out of space but no why produce so many keychain back up files

Ask a Question