KeePass stopped working after Sierra update

Reaction score
Hello Helpers!

Since 3 years I use KeePass on my Mac as a safe for my passwords. The installed version is KeePass-0.4.3.dmg, an old one, sure. Recently I updated the system from El Capitan to macOS Sierra and that is most probably the cause why this KeePass does not work any more. The Master Password for opening the vault is not asked for. (When I tried to work around this with some probably irregular tricks I finally succeeded to get the Master Password asked for, but my response got ‘wrong signature’ as an answer, but I am sure the Master password was correct (because visible))

Who has some idea or experience how to continue?

Waiting for Sierra to develop in a ‘favourable’ way?

Do you think I could transfer the existing database into a recent KeePass version?

The KeePass help seems to be virtually unattainable.

I thank you in advance for your advice!

Dirk

Reaction score
It seems like the most recent version of KeePass is V2.23, which you can get from here:

http://keepass.info/ /download/p_macosx/index.html

I am not familiar with KeePass (I use 1Password, and I always insure to have the latest version). But one would think there would be a way to "migrate" the existing database into V2.23.

Alos, this discussion forum might help you:

https://sourceforge.net/p/keepass/discussion/329220/thread/eb00d276/

I actually did download V2.23 to try and test it out, but after I unzipped the file, and tried to launch the app, nothing happened! Not sure why, and I am using the latest version of El Capitan, V10.11.6. So, maybe V2.23 is no good!

As it is, when you launch KeePass, is there an option under the File menu entitled "Check for Updates"?

Last edited:

Ask a Question