iTunes to Garageband

Reaction score
I am hoping there is a sway to sever all connections from Gaarageband to iTunes except the ability to share final Garageband tunes to iTunes.

The problems is that when using. Garageband any loops that I use, any loops that I rehearse gets posted to iTunes filling up my iTunes file.
Is there anything I can to stop this from happing- Thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, the only time GarageBand will add to iTunes is when using the Share > Song to iTunes... function.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of GarageBand?
-Are you using the Apple Loops built-in to GarageBand?

I haven't come across this issue before, so we'll see if we can figured out what is happening.

C

Reaction score
iMac 2017
High Sierra 10.13.6
Garageband 10.3.5

Yes, I use Apple loops plus loops that I have purchased- it is the non-Apple loops that get recorded to ITunes

Thank. you for your help

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

-Where are the third-party loops from, and how do you download and install them?
-So the built-in Apple Loops don't have the issue?
-Can you outline the steps of how the third-party loops are used in a song and how/when they get added to iTunes?

C

Reaction score
My file of third party loops are kept in my external drive. They are cataloged as Drum loops and sub-categories, Guitar loops, etc-I drag what I think is appropriate into an empty slot on my Garageband project, If I don't like it I will try another and another- all the loops I have tried will get recorded into iTunes.

Thanks again

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...it's not an issue I have ever seen.

What do you mean by: "I drag what I think is appropriate into an empty slot on my Garageband project"? Do you mean you are dragging them to the timeline in a track?

C

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...that is a really strange issue. I really don't know how to troubleshoot it.

Maybe a video of it would help, if you are willing?

C

Ask a Question