Itunes scrolling

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else has come across this issue:

I reset NVRAM in an attempt to fix another issue, but the resest seems to have totally borked the scrolling in Itunes. Any motion of the mouse in the Itunes My Music album view window (even a horizontal one) or use of the scroll bar causes a number of jerky rewritings of the window from bottom to top and a drastic slowing down of the whole system. Even just opening Itunes, it does this four or five times before the window 'stabilizes'. Whatever has happened has made Itunes virtually unusable.

It is not only the album view that is affected - if i switch to artist view, the main list scrolls fine, but opening any individual album results in the window rewriting issue again.

I'm on a iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), running El Capitan. I've tried another NVRAM reset and reinstalling Itunes with no improvement.

Any ideas?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I haven't heard of this issue before. Resetting PRAM shouldn't have any affect on apps like this, so I would think it was more of a coincidence. Apple released of few updates recently, including El Capitan 10.11.2 and iTunes 12.3.2. Have you updated to those versions and did it help the issue?

C

Ask a Question