itunes library

Reaction score
So far iTunes has added many extras most of which are quite useless. One thing they haven't considered at all is the existence of multiple libraries (as far as I know). To be more precise, I have the iTunes library with more than 20000 songs, plus some others, which have nothing to do with the rest. Because they are quite a lot, I don't launch them with the rest, because I would have to delete them afterwards. So I use other programs like Songbird or Cog to solve this problem. However, the main problem is that I have created a version of 128 kbs of all songs, to use them in my ipod classic, because all my songs are 256-320 kbs. Every time there is a need for update, I must relaunch all 128 files, and then delete them (2 days work minimum). My opinion is that there should be a choice of multiple libraries, for various uses. Is there any idea about this?

Reaction score
You could always have more than 1 library. Hold down the Option key while iTunes is launching and your wish is granted...

Reaction score
@ Kaveman. Thank you very much for your advice. It did work this way. I have only one question. In order to switch between libraries, you have to relaunch itunes, or is there a straight way inside the program? Thank you again, and I wish you a healthy, pleasant and prosperous 2012!

Reaction score
Thanks and the same to you and your!

The easiest way is to relaunch iTunes. Once you have the extra library, you may be able to use the Advance panel of iTunes Preferences.

Ask a Question