isync issues

Reaction score
Hi everyone

i am having some isync issues with my nonkia e6500 classic. now although it isn't a phone that isync recognises, i googled and found that you can add it to the list and sync it successfully.

the problem i am having is that, i sync my phone with my address book and my calender dates and appointments. when i am out, i might get a new name and ph number and put it in my phone, when i sync it though, the name is removed from my phone,and not put on my computer.

is there a way that you can sync both ways continually? because if not, it seems dumb given that you are able to get phone numbers when you are not at your computer.

thanks

an63lu5

Reaction score
What program are you using to synch? In the programs I've used in the past, there was always something called "conduit." When you look at the conduit settings, you can choose how you want the information synch-ed: one direction or truly synchronizing. From what you say, it sounds like the conduit setting is selected to override the phone with the computer files.

Reaction score
what do you recommend I used? as for waht i was using, i downloaded a plugin that allowed my mac bluetooth to see and identify the 6500classic, then i just used isync that comes with leopard 10.5.2 to sync the contacts and information.

if you could point me in the right direction for what prorame i should use, especially since the programe that comes with teh phone is pc only, that would be great.
bret

Reaction score
Bret,

I thought that your phone had a specific program, such as Palm OS. Currently, what I use to synchronize my Treo 700p and my Mac is Mark/Space's The Missing Sync. You can see if there's a product for your phone.

Another thing you might investigate is resetting your sync history. When you open iSync, look under Preferences.

Ask a Question