Is there a way to send sms messages on Catalina if you do not and most likely will not ever own an iPhone?

jar

Reaction score
Is there an application that will use a cvs file to send sms messages with Catalina?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Since Macs do not have SIM card or cellular service, there isn't any way natively to send SMS messages. If you have an iPhone and are using the same iCloud on both devices, you can send SMS.

Skype offers SMS messaging within their application on a Mac, if you purchase a Skype Number.

I don't personally know of any Mac applications that can use a CSV to automate the sending of SMS messages in bulk. There are several online cloud-based solutions for that, but with a cost.

C

jar

Reaction score
I do not own an iPhone and can't quite ever even imagine owning one. I have no problems though sending sms messages from my Linux and windows computers. The CVS is not to send bulk messages but simply as a contact list to store the names and phone numbers.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

Those are the only two ways I know of on a Mac. Maybe another member will chime in if they know of another way. ;)

You can use the Contacts application to store the names/numbers also, but that would be more geared for the iPhone solution. Skype also has a contact list function if you went that way.

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

C

Ask a Question