Is it worth updating to Mojave from Sierra 10.12.6

Reaction score
I am thinking about updating to Mojave but not being very good with computers I am a bit worried that I might screw it up. Is it easy to do> my internet speed is very slow and stops sometimes if it stops and starts up again will that screw up the download? So I am thinking is it worth the risk?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact model Mac?
-Who is your Internet provider?
-Do you have any third-party utilities like MacKeeper, antivirus, or Internet security applications installed?
-Do you have Internet issues with any other devices in your location?

We may be able to fix the issue without upgrading macOS. Upgrading depends on which model your Mac is, whether you have older software that may not be compatible with Mojave, and if you have other specific reasons to upgrade.

C

Reaction score
Sierra 10.12.6 late 2015
Bitdefender
I am living now in TUrkey the internet is really slow
Because support for Mac sierra is running out this month I thought I would upgrade. I have no problems with my Imac

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

You can try turning off Bitdefender's real-time scanning, and do manual scans instead. See if that makes your Internet connection more stable.

Understood about Sierra. It will continue to work, but there won't be any security updates in the future. If you do decide to move forward with the upgrade, make sure you review your applications and what version they are, to make sure they will be compatible with a newer version of macOS.

C

Reaction score
Is there a quick way of reviewing my applications, to make sure they will be compatible with a newer version of macOS. like Bitdefender Hotspotshield etc?

Reaction score
Well, I bit the bullet and downloaded Mojave so far so good thanks for the tips.:)

Ask a Question