Is it just me !

Ric

Reaction score
On this Website...

Sometimes when I click on messages to view them,

they don't appear...and I have to refesh Safari to view the message...

I shall post a screen grab next time it happens...

Is anyone else having similar problems ?

I shall try using Firefox for a while to see if that is any better...

I think it's a problem with the 'Ajax' elements of the Vbulletin Software...

Safari 2.0.3 OS X 10.4.5

regards

Ric

Reaction score
I haven't had a problem with that Ric, but I do experience a problem every time I sign in which is frustrating.

I recieve "profile not found on this server" apache error page message. I have to keep going back and logging in until it finally accepts me. This happens every single time.

Ric

Reaction score
Hi there Sarah,

I altered a few things on the site a while ago...the main one being the 'timeout' of the site...

The original timeout was 15 minutes...sometime it was taking longer to write a return post so you were 'logged' out whilst writing...

I have now upped this to 60 minutes.

So I would suggest you do a 'empty cache' and 'reset Safari' or just clear the cache of any browser you are using this should cure it ! Just a corrupt 'cookie' by the sound of it.

regards

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Ric,

I think we are at cross-purposes, but it is my fault for not explaining properly. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean about replying to a post and getting logged out because of the time-out, which is not the issue for me.

The issue is when I visit this forum and log in for the first time that day to the left of the screen, that is when I get the error page, not when I am typing and it is a timeout. I always clean cookies/cache and that is why I have to log in each time you see ;)

I hope I made this clearer :)

Ric

Reaction score
Hi Sarah,

don't worry we're on the same wave length !

It is all part of the same 'cookie' problem...please just to pacify me, if you are using Safari please try this...

Quit out of Safari

Go to this folder

Users/yourusername/Library/Cookies/

and then delete this file

Cookies.plist

Restart and then log in again...

This will definitely get rid of all the cookies...using Safari's empty cache/reset is not always successful !

If you aren't using Safari let me know...

Regards

Ric