Is a Mac Mini a good option.

NzD

Reaction score
Hey guys.
We've owned our iMac for 11 years now and it looks like it's coming to the end of its days. So I'm wondering if we should invest in a new one or whether a mini would be a better option?

Just as an overview, our Mac has mainly been used for internet browsing, movies, music, some gaming (things like Total War, Civilization 5 etc.) and school work. We've found that it's used less now than it was previously but it's still handy to have. So with that being said, would the cheaper option of a mini still cover what we need it for? Any advice/thoughts/opinions welcome.

Thanks.

Reaction score
With a Mini you have to buy a monitor if you don't own one already so that is something to consider. I think if the specs are similar, it shouldn't matter which you have: mini or iMac. iMac is convenient for those folks that want an all in one solution and don't already own a monitor.

I have an M1 iMac and a 2020 Intel i7 Mini but my mini is spec'd pretty high so in my case it was actually more than the iMac.

Ask a Question