Iphoto

Reaction score
The main problem is that when I try to move a photo(s) after they have been imported into a specific album is that I can only move them, (drag & drop), the height of the computer screen. Then I have to release them and start again with the same process until I get them in the album where I want them. For example I have an album called "Donations & Gifts". I have thousands of photos in that album. When I choose this or any other album to place my photos imported from my camera they are placed at the bottom/end of the photos of that album. Today, when I moved 12 photos I had to drag and drop them 21 times to place them in the area were I wanted them. It was not like that pre-OS Catalina. If this were the 1980's I could see having to do that but not now in 2021.
I am wondering why would they ever drop this feature or if it is just a coding problem.
Has anybody else had this problem and found a solution?
Thanks.
p.s. I have contacted Apple Support at least twice since OS Catalina about the problem. I have used "Screen Share" with the advisors and they agree that shouldn't happen. What I am told is that my concerns have been sent to engineering for evaluation.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I haven't run across this issue personally, as I only have a little less than 2,000 photos in my Photos Library.

Honestly, if Apple is escalating it to Engineering, then it must be an issue that they would need to solve.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but maybe another member will recommend a solution.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I haven't run across this issue personally, as I only have a little less than 2,000 photos in my Photos Library.

Honestly, if Apple is escalating it to Engineering, then it must be an issue that they would need to solve.

Sorry I don't have a better answer, but maybe another member will recommend a solution.

C
Thanks.
S

Reaction score
If you are using a laptop, try the following. With the left hand click and hold on the photo to be moved. Don't release that click. With the right hand, drag the photo slightly to move it. Now use two fingers of the right hand to scroll up through the album and then release the left click where you want the photo.

For a desktop, you'll need a mouse with. scroll wheel to..err..scroll.

Ask a Question