iphoto

Reaction score
I have iphoto in my dock and I had one on my desktop as well,so I put the one on the desktop in the trash and started to delete it,then saw that it was not the right move,now I cannot access iphoto at all,please help :(

Reaction score
Hi and welcome,

What happens if you go to your home folder > pictures and click the iPhoto Library icon?
If nothing then possibly use iPhoto Manager and use its rebuild function. This should create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file.
Please note that not everything will be brought back / restored as it will not do slideshows, books or calendars. You will get all your albums and keywords back.

Here is a link to IPM
http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Reaction score
when I go to the icon,it says Iphoto cannot be opened because of a problem.How do I go to home folder?

Reaction score
Kavemans hint is good, as I feel the home folder will be fruitless, but your home folder is here. Open finder then in the left pain look for a house icon with your name next to it, click this then open the pictures folder this is where iPhoto is. Just click it.
Possibly your easiest way would be to reload iPhoto library from time machine if you have been running backups.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Tammy,
The icons in your Dock are not Applications. They are pretty much shortcuts to open the Applications. If you didn't empty your Trash, merely drag iPhoto back to your Desktop, or better yet to your Applications Folder where Applications belong.

Reaction score
Kavemans hint is good, as I feel the home folder will be fruitless, but your home folder is here. Open finder then in the left pain look for a house icon with your name next to it, click this then open the pictures folder this is where iPhoto is. Just click it.
Possibly your easiest way would be to reload iPhoto library from time machine if you have been running backups.

Reaction score
yeah the home folder does not let me open,I have not ever used the time machine :(,yeah I know,just do not understand it.

Reaction score
Hi Tammy,
The icons in your Dock are not Applications. They are pretty much shortcuts to open the Applications. If you didn't empty your Trash, merely drag iPhoto back to your Desktop, or better yet to your Applications Folder where Applications belong.

Reaction score
I started to empty the trash with the app in it and then realized what was happening and then I stopped it.Thank you for trying to help me,seems I have really messed things up.

Reaction score
If iPhoto is still in the Trash, click once on the Trash icon and drag iPhoto from the Trash window back to either the Desktop or Applications Folder.

Reaction score
Hi,

If its not in the trash then you will have to reinstall, but I would defiantly try iPhoto managers rebuild option first.

Reaction score
Hi,

If its not in the trash then you will have to reinstall, but I would defiantly try iPhoto managers rebuild option first.
could you please email me your phone # and walk me through this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi,

Having thought about this try the following first, hold down the alt+cmd keys and click the iPhoto icon in your dock (as first screen shot). Hopefully you will see a new box appear just like my (second) screen shot. Now check the last box rebuild database then Repair.

Sorry I do not use iPhoto Manager,:( just have many friends that do and say it is great :). So could not give you a walk through.

EDIT:
Looking at the rebuild screen shot of IPM you just choose the default library and click the rebuild button as the last screen shot, sorry I can not be more helpful regarding this software, but from what friends say it does a really good job.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 14.09.09.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 14.09.09.png
    130.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 14.08.23.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 14.08.23.png
    213.2 KB · Views: 309
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.04.27.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-07 at 15.04.27.png
    344.7 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

Ask a Question