iphoto

Reaction score
After I tried to update my Garmin, iphoto stopped working on my MAC. When I try to open iphoto, it says that I need to upgrade the library. When I try to upgrade it, it spins for hours (all night for instance) but it never rebuilds the library and I cannot use iphoto.
At one point it mentioned time machine, but I could never find out how time machine was involved or what I needed to do. I have 4,000 photos stored and would appreciate any assistance in regaining access.

Reaction score
Ensure there are no Updates for iPhoto, in Software Updates or the App Store if you're on Lion.

Hold Down the Option AND Command Key and click the iPhoto Icon, this will give you all manner of repair options.

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. The computer keeps saying I need to rebuild and time machine may be backing it up but it spins and spins and never finishes backing it up. I tried all the fix-it options and they all lead back to the same point.of saying I need to rebuild but it never happens. I tried checking for updates, but it says I have the latest update already. Thanks for trying.

Reaction score
Actually this what it says: "The photo library needs to be upgraded to work with this version of iPhoto. " And when I push upgrade, it never upgrades and finishes the process.

karazelle

Reaction score
Two things thou can try:
Do you have DivX installed? Try removing, reboot, rerunning iPhoto for the upgrade, then after it ends (if it does), reinstall DivX (www.divx.com)

Option 2:
Open your user folder and the Pictures folder. Make a backup of your iPhoto library. Open the Applications folder in Finder. Right click and "Compress" iPhoto to make a backup of it. Then right click it and choose Show Package Content.
Within, delete these files:
InterruptedUpdate
ThemeCache
ProjectDBVersion.plist
Projects.db
Projects.db-journal

Restart your Mac and try again.

Tell us how it went?

PS! If it failed, delete iPhoto app, double click iPhoto.zip file and it will restore the backup..

Reaction score
Two things thou can try:
Do you have DivX installed? Try removing, reboot, rerunning iPhoto for the upgrade, then after it ends (if it does), reinstall DivX (www.divx.com)

Option 2:
Open your user folder and the Pictures folder. Make a backup of your iPhoto library. Open the Applications folder in Finder. Right click and "Compress" iPhoto to make a backup of it. Then right click it and choose Show Package Content.
Within, delete these files:
InterruptedUpdate
ThemeCache
ProjectDBVersion.plist
Projects.db
Projects.db-journal

Restart your Mac and try again.

Tell us how it went?

PS! If it failed, delete iPhoto app, double click iPhoto.zip file and it will restore the backup..

Thank you for your help; what you suggested is beyond my skill level but my son-in-law will be visiting in April. He may be able to follow your directions. Thank you for offering a solution. Elaine

Ask a Question