iPhoto says iPhone is locked and will not download pics

Reaction score
After a recent iOS update my 2008 MacBook (running Mountain Lion) insists that my 'device' is locked (it most certainly isn't) and refuses to download any photos.

I have tried by-passing by using Dropbox but although it works it takes several hours to transfer photos from the iPhone app to the computer and then there's transferring from Dropbox to iPhoto – I've practicaly stopped using the camera on my iPhone . . . .

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact version of OS X Mountain Lion?
-Which model iPhone?
-Which version of iOS?

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which exact version of OS X Mountain Lion?
-Which model iPhone?
-Which version of iOS?

C
Hi Cory - thanks
OSX 10.7.5 (that's the 'highest' my MacBook will go to. I have a new SS hard drive and 6G RAM)
4C iphone (Oct 2014)
iOS 10.2.1
The issue actually started a couple of updates ago - late 2016. I've limped along with the Dropbox solution but I tend to lose the will to live in trying to download and transfer even a small bundle of pics.

Oh - and I guess I should also mention that my phone insists that I have used all my storage (5 gigs) even though when you add up all the contents, it only comes to 1.5 gigs. I got it sorted last March (complete re-booting of phone - back to factory settings etc etc) only to have the problem re-appear in the following months :-(

Ask a Question