iphoto photos pics everywhere Im lost!

Reaction score
Okay so I have a late 2012 mac book pro. It's only 128 gigs. I have 22 gigs in photos, and another 20gigs in music. So I went out and bought an NAS. I transferred all my music and all my photos to the NAS. I then deleted the music. Here's my problem. I tried deleting the pictures (5,000 of them) from iphoto or photo or whatever it is now called. I highlighted and dragged them all into the trash bin. That didn't work. It was like deleting a song from iTunes! instead of deleting it off the computer it just deleted it from the program. Now I have 5,000 pictures on my computer that I cant figure out how to find. I tried going into iPhoto to wrangle up all the photos but that didn't work.

My question is: Is there a way to round up all my pics for deletion? is there an application I can use? Frankly what is the best way for me to delete all the photos on my Computer. I have every photo that means something to me saved on my NAS and I have a complete backup of my computer. Can someone please help me?

P.S. I have many many pictures on my computer that I never downloaded. I have pictures saved to my computer from websites I've visited. For instance I was going though my pics in iphoto (before I erased them) and there were pictures of some girl's Facebook. Now I got my girlfriend asking my why I'm saving pics of Katie Jo? And I'm not! haha so crazy.But I do love my mac.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of iPhoto?
-Do you have a Time Machine or other backup of your data...not just the copy on your external drive?

C

Ask a Question