SOLVED IPhoto not reading photo library

Reaction score
We have an elderly MacBook4,1 running OSX 10.6.8 which I understand is the most current this laptop can handle and when we try to launch iPhoto it cannot access the library as it seems file formats may have been changed by accident.. How can I return to older library format or... Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

The only way would probably be to restore the iPho Library from an Time Machine or other backup if you have one. Did you make any changes to any of the file formats yourself?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

The only way would probably be to restore the iPho Library from an Time Machine or other backup if you have one. Did you make any changes to any of the file formats yourself?

C
Hi Corey,
Thanks for again responding to my queries. Sorry for late response but Covid has intervened. BUT... I have changed a few formats but not many at all - so I will give it a try on my backups but no luck so far. If not I will also try MightyGem's suggestion. Those instructions seem to be almost toooo simple to be true to a geriatric nerd like me but past ecperience says - at this point try something simple & don't be a complete idiot.
Thanks

Ask a Question