iPhoto Export to Website

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm hoping you can tell me how to create .html pages for 200 photos (each with keywords and comments) like I used to do when using iPhoto. I would do this after organizing photos from trips.

I could load several hundred photos into iPhoto, create descriptive information for each photo and rearrange them in a preferred order. Then I could run the included macro create thumbnail photos for each and create an html page for each, which are linked to a page of thumbnails like a master contact sheet.

The Export to Website function is now gone. I have been using it and depending on it for years.

How can I replace this functionality? Without it I have to create and hand code individual pages.

Thanks,

Bruce

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I moved your post to a new thread, as it wasn't related to the other member's question.

I loved that feature too, but sadly it is missing in Photos. There are third-party applications that have that functionality. I haven't ever used any of them, but here is one that I found: photos2webgallery

Maybe something like that would work for you,

C

Reaction score
Cory,
Thanks for your suggestions. I am using macOS 10.15.4 and have never used Picasa.

In iPhoto I was able to add comments and keywords to each photo. That information could then be extracted and inserted into an .html file as a descriptive legend for each photo. This process doesn't appear in Photo.

Ask a Question