IPhone albums to Mac photos Ablums

Reaction score
Hello all,
I''m new to this forum, I hope this hasn't been asked and solved, and in the right forum..

Anyway, I have sorted my 13000+ photos on my iPhone in to Albums and wondering if there is a way to have those albums moved to my Mac photos app?

Thanks in advance.
:)

Reaction score
Well no expert here, but just someone with a houseful of devices and a kazillion photos. But as I understand, if you are signed in to both your mac and your phone on the same iCloud / user account, then some tap here and there, and all your albums will be on all devices signed in. Looks like that's what's going on here in the Monterey Beta and iOs 15.5.

Reaction score
Not sure its wise to keep 13000 images on your iPhone, I normally transfer via Airdrop to my iMac and after culling and editing backup/archive to an external HD, but I do it frequently so they do not build up. Not sure how feasible it would be to do this with 13000 images. However, as Jigs says if you have iCloud functioning that would be the best route.

Reaction score
Not sure its wise to keep 13000 images on your iPhone, I normally transfer via Airdrop to my iMac and after culling and editing backup/archive to an external HD, but I do it frequently so they do not build up. Not sure how feasible it would be to do this with 13000 images. However, as Jigs says if you have iCloud functioning that would be the best route.
yes and there is some setting somewhere to say keep all the originals on the mac, and just have what?thumbnails on the phone, and that saves space on those little devices. works well here, no matter where i go in the house (TV room, office, kitchen etc.) all the photos are displayed everywhere. I like that.

Ask a Question