iPhone 6S

Reaction score
I would like to erase the photos in the camera roll without erasing them in Photos. Please tell me how it can be done, because I erase some and saw it was erase in Photos as well.

Reaction score
The photos were uploaded to the Mac via icloud I guess. I did not conect the phone to the Mac.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Okay, that's fine, I understand now … if you connected your phone & imported your pics into photos then I'm certain that if you were to then erase them from your phone, you would still have them on your Mac but please test this out first by taking a few shots then selecting them for import on the Mac. Then you can delete them from the phone & see if they are still on the Mac.

Reaction score
I connected the phone with the Mac. I have the same pictures in the camera roll in the phone, Photos in the Phone and Photos in the Mac. When I try to delete a picture in the camera roll of the phone, tells me, it will be deleted from iCloud Photo Library on all your devices.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
You need to run that test to see what happens … yes you are correct they will be deleted from iCloud but I'm under the impression you want your photos saved to your Mac??

Reaction score
yes you are right I wont the photos to be save in the Mac. I did what you suggested , unfortunately when I delete it in the camera roll it is also deleted in Photos in the Mac.

Ask a Question