iPad clean

Reaction score
I need a good cleaner for my IPad, something like disk first aid on mt IMac? Where ,what to use and where to get.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello.

There aren't any utilities for iPad that function like those on a computer.

-Which model iPad?
-Which version of iOS?
-How much free space is available?
-How man apps are currently running?
-What issues are you having that we can help you with?

C

Reaction score
IPAD AIR 12.4.6 MD786 LLA/A 32 GB SN# DMQLXYT4FK11
battery not charging,new cable, cleaned IPAD SOCKET,charged FOR AWHILE THEN BACK TO SAME PROBLEM. IS THIS WORTH CHANGING BATTERY?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello again,

Wow, it's been almost four years since your original post in this thread! ;)

Yes, it sounds like the iPad's battery is worn out. It could also be other hardware, but it sounds like the battery - especially if it isn't charging properly or the battery doesn't last very long.

I don't recommend performing a battery replacement yourself, as it is not a user-serviceable part. I wouldn't have a third-party company replace it either, as they don'y always use original Apple parts, and the quality just isn't the same.

Because of the age of that iPad, and its iOS 12.4.6 limit, I would actually purchase a new iPad. It will soon be categorized as vintage by Apple, as it was discontinued over four years ago.

Hope that helps,

C

Reaction score
Hello again,

Wow, it's been almost four years since your original post in this thread! ;)

Yes, it sounds like the iPad's battery is worn out. It could also be other hardware, but it sounds like the battery - especially if it isn't charging properly or the battery doesn't last very long.

I don't recommend performing a battery replacement yourself, as it is not a user-serviceable part. I wouldn't have a third-party company replace it either, as they don'y always use original Apple parts, and the quality just isn't the same.

Because of the age of that iPad, and its iOS 12.4.6 limit, I would actually purchase a new iPad. It will soon be categorized as vintage by Apple, as it was discontinued over four years ago.

Hope that helps,

C
Wow! Such a nice reply from you! Thanks for your advice. I’m looking to upgrades my old familiar iPad, but so many choices. Re; battery problem not charging, after all new charging parts. I remembered just before this charging problem I replaced the magnetic cover. I don’t know why, but I took this new cover off and my iPad began charging normally and has performed normally since. Got a cheep cover with straps corners,(not original Apple part)holding iPad really well. I guess my old vintage IPad was allergic to the modern new updated cover?
I have learned in 87 years never brag about your good fortune fear the results,? So I’m not!
Thank for your help! Hope your well and happy! Dusty

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries...thanks for the kind words.

I guess the cover could have been interfering, depending on the brand and what iPad it was designed for. Glad the issue seems to be resolved.

I am well...hope you are, and stay healthy and safe.

C

Ask a Question