iPad 4, iOS 7 No Skype Ring

Reaction score
I'm using an iPad 4, with iOS 7...and the ring on incoming Skype calls does not sound. I've checked all my settings...and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem...

Thanx.

Reaction score
Hi,

Personally have had no issues regarding the iOS7 update, but have seen many Skype users reporting different bugs.
Some have suggested deleting then reinstalling Skype.

Reaction score
Much thanx...it's comforting to learn that I'm not alone (or imagining things).

Reaction score
Skype on the Mac has many problems when you try using its auto updater, so I'm not surprised to find that their iOS version is also challenged. Yes, delete the App and do a clean reinstall.

Reaction score
I did...and the ring is still not there. I also installed Skype on my iPod 4 (yes, I know it's old)...and while the camera and audio worked fine, there still was no ring on incoming calls. Very strange.

Reaction score
How would I find out? I took a quick look at Skype's website, and didn't see anything specifically about iOS7 update.

Reaction score
Go to the App Store, find the App, and read the additional information... If they've updated for iOS 7, most developers will tell you!

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to Apple (after 32+ years of PCs, I moved to MAC mini and Apple about 6 months ago -- love it, and wish I made the change years ago). In any case, I went to the App Store and searched for "Skype" -- the results are attached.

I really appreciate your trying to help me...much thanx!

Attachments

• App Store Skype Search Results.png
    App Store Skype Search Results.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 702
Reaction score
Interesting, I guess they're in the middle of updating their version or something! I searched for it in App Store on my phone just a few minutes ago, and it was there then!

BTW, welcome to the Mac community!

Reaction score
Thank you for the "Welcome". I've posted a few questions here, and the not only have I gotten responses -- everyone has been very patient with this "newbie".

Reaction score
Ooooops...I went to the App Store from my MAC...I didn't realize that to access Apps for the iPad, etc., I needed to go from an iOS device...ah, the dawn breaketh in the east...

Reaction score
Not a problem, Klaatu... Yes, it's very confusing! The App Store on the Mac is for Mac Apps. iOS Apps for your iPad can be purchased on the Mac from within iTunes...

Reaction score
Thank you very much...I had assumed that there was one Apple Store, and that buying an app meant choosing from a version that worked on a specific device. I suppose I should look at this as a leaning experience.

Reaction score
Hi,

Skype has updated twice on all my devices in the past 14 days, you can always go to iTunes for all the latest versions. ;)
iPhone is 4.12.259
iPad is 12.4 here is the iTunes store link. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skype-for-ipad/id442012681?mt=8

Skype now requires iOS 5.0 or later, and is fully compatible with the iPad. Yes its iOS7 ready I have absolutely no issues on iPhone, iPad or Macbooks.:)

Remember that now Skype is part of Microsofto_O

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

Skype for phone updated again today, now version 4.13 not at home so can't check iPad.

Reaction score
Hi Klaatu,

Just a hint, Skype for the iPad is now also version 4.13. Mine updated today the 9/10/13;)

Ask a Question