Installing Windows 10 on iMac (late 2013)

Reaction score
Hi,

I don’t know if this is the correct area to post this (forgive me if it isn’t) but I need some help. I have an iMac 27” (late 2013) that I’ve owned since 2015. As it is now too old to upgrade to Big Sur, I’m thinking about installing Windows 10 via Bootcamp. I would also like to activate this by purchasing an activation key but the lady I spoke to at Microsoft said that it would be all or nothing (I could not run side by side with MacOS). Does anyone know if this is the case or should I just buy a Windows PC? I’m so confused as I love my mac, I just want Windows too as I use it for work. I can’t afford to buy another PC without selling my mac. Any hep appreciated. Thanks.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which version of OS X/macOS are you running?

There are a few ways to install Windows 10 - via Boot Camp (depending on your version of OS X/macOS), or in a virtual machine using an application like Parallels or VMware Fusion. I normally recommend the second option, as it doesn't require you to restart your Mac to use Windows.

C

Ask a Question