Installing OS Sierra

soundman

Reaction score
I have now been at it for 2 days & cant get Sierra to install on Mac Mini mid 2010 , although Apple states that is will run. I keep on getting various error messages. I have tried downloading os installer form Apple website , from other websites , and still no luck. It keeps on telling me things like :Cannot be installed on this computer / or it stops 2 minutes from finishing installation / an error message that suggests that the clock is wrong , which it isn't & a whole host of other errors I cant even remember while trying different options. I'v tried direct installation , installing from boot usb , nothing seems to work. I'm trying to install sierra on another partition as I need to keep os 10.10.5 running as well. Can anybody assist me please!!! Thanx!!!!

Ad

Advertisements

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-I assume you downloaded the Sierra installer from the App Store, not the Apple website? The only official installer is from the App Store.
-How much free space is available on the partiton you are installing Sierra on?
-Do you have original Apple RAM, or have you upgraded with third-party RAM?
-Do you have any third-party utilities like MacKeeper or antivirus installed and running?

C

soundman

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-I assume you downloaded the Sierra installer from the App Store, not the Apple website? The only official installer is from the App Store.
-How much free space is available on the partiton you are installing Sierra on?
-Do you have original Apple RAM, or have you upgraded with third-party RAM?
-Do you have any third-party utilities like MacKeeper or antivirus installed and running?

C
Hello Cory, thanx for responding! I did download from app store / 120gig partition / used third party ram for upgrade.

G

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I have seen issues with OS X/macOS installations and upgrades with some third-party RAM. Do you happen to have the original Apple RAM you could reinstall and try the installation with?

C

soundman

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I have seen issues with OS X/macOS installations and upgrades with some third-party RAM. Do you happen to have the original Apple RAM you could reinstall and try the installation with?

C
Thanx Cory, I completely forgot about that issue. Must have it somewhere. Much appreciated!! I’ll reconnect if I encounter further issues.

Ad

Advertisements

soundman

Reaction score
Hi Cory, thanx for helping me with the sierra issue. Problem solved!

Ad

Advertisements

Peter Aretin

Reaction score
Hi Cory, thanx for helping me with the sierra issue. Problem solved!
Pardon me for asking, but why not upgrade to High Sierra 10.13.6? After cautiously installing and testing on a clone partition, I find it works great on my mid 2010 mini. It didn't seem to break any apps that were working in Mavericks.

Ask a Question