Install problems

Reaction score
Bear with me folks, new to this. Sorry if similar has been posted before. I have a mac 21.5 inch Mid 2011 16 gb with a 500 GB drive with 495 free. Running OS X El Capitan. I had Kodi on the machine and it got a bit stale shall we say. I deleted it from the machine. Today I decided to re-install Kodi 16.1 Jarvis with a fresh downloaded file. Problem is, when I run Kodi I still get the old version running instead, complete with all the old stuff on it. Anyone using Kodi will know that it updates....well when this updates I cannot stop it , It just loops over and over on the old version....HOW do I get my new version to install and work.? It is as if the old version is locked somewhere in the machine.......Please help

Thank you

Reaction score
How exactly did you delete the prior version? If you just dragged the app's icon to the trash, that is not enough, as there are, most likely, still some other files connected with the prior version.

Here is something you can try. First, make sure you either have the Installer for Kodi 16.1 jarvis somewhere "remote" (preferably on a flash drive and/or an external drive), or that you can re-download it again. Secondly, download the free program called AppCleaner:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

I have used it, and works rather well.

Third, assuming you still have the Kodi 16.1 installed, and it is in your Applications folder, follow the directions for getting rid of Kodi 16.1 and "all" the associated files.

Fourth, after that completes, use Spotlight to do a search for "Kodi". Hopefully nothing will turn up. You should then be able to re-install Kodi 16.1 jarvis.

Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic.Thank you for your help on this, much appreciated. Now works a dream. One small thing . When I clicked on remove I got a message saying this cannot be done because kodi does not have one.........the other files were moved but the main application stayed. Works fine though. Thanks again

Reaction score
Good to hear. That AppCleaner application is quite good. Not sure why, though, you got that message. But, again, glad you got it working.

Ask a Question