install aprinter

Reaction score
I am having trouble installing a hp printer on my mac desktop as well as my macbook pro laptop,where can i look for help.
thanks.
watt.

Reaction score
Hi,

Tell us your printers model and if it is WiFi or cable plus the Mac OS X you are running, then we may be able to help you.

Reaction score
Hi oldscribe,my printer is hp photosmart 5520 e-all in one and my mac version is 10.9.2 ok,
thanks,
watt.

Reaction score
Hi,

Should work fine.
1) load software.
2) Connect printer wirelessly.
3) check print and fax in system preferences to make sure the printer is added. If not add it.

Reaction score
Hi oldscribe,
thanks for your interest in my problem of connecting mac desk top and macbook pro to the printer wirelessly , but try i did with no success,so i turned to my i pad to print out a urgent email ! worked well in a few seconds recognised the printer after a few clicks and away to go,printed perfectly, why
doesn't the macs work the same

Reaction score
Hi,

Devices such as iPhones and iPads are a little different regarding printers.
If you connect to Mac via cable what is the result?

Reaction score
Hi,I did couple up the printer with a cable to the pc but still no success, what is wrong here

Reaction score
Hi,

Not to conversant with HP, but apparently there is a setting hidden away on the Wireless AP, which isolates wifi clients from each other.

But still don't understand why cable connection does not work.
Have you double checked system preferences to make sure correct model is listed?

Reaction score
Hi,

Not to conversant with HP, but apparently there is a setting hidden away on the Wireless AP, which isolates wifi clients from each other.

But still don't understand why cable connection does not work.
Have you double checked system preferences to make sure correct model is listed?

Ask a Question