SOLVED Indesign CS 5.5 problems

Reaction score
I have Indesign CS5.5 and recently upgraded my mac to sierra 10.12.6. I can no longer use InDesign. An error message comes up saying:
To open Adobe inDesign CS5.5 app you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime. When I try open the update it says: JavaForOSX.dmg is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash. Please let me know if there is a fix for this. I miss my indesign software!!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry you are still having the same issue. Unfortunately, if the direct download from the link I gave doesn't work, there may be other issues with your Sierra install. InDesign 5.5 pre-dates Sierra by six versions of OS X. It was released for Leopard/Snow Leopard compatibility in 2010.

You could try deleting all downloaded installers for Java in your Downloads folder, then download and try again.

C

Reaction score
That did not work either. I am getting the same message on other things that I download also. It is more of a problem than indesign. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
It is not just indesign. Anything I download with the extension .dmg will not open. I am running High Sierra, any suggestions

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Try moving the DMG out of the Downloads folder to the Desktop or the Documents folder and see if that allows it to open.

C

Reaction score
I was having a problem with HIgh Sierra. I re-installed the program and everthing is fine now. I also did some diagnostics that helped. Thank you for your imput, Problem solved!

Ask a Question