Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs work !

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Close it now !

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ric

Reaction score
I would be interested to here from any one regarding the design etc. of this website.

Opinions please.

What could be done to improve it etc.

Is the ad at the top annoying ??

Ric

Reaction score
The website is fine, and I'm sure it will grow over time. My only niggle is the sponsered links inbetween thread replies, however depending on what forum software your using you maynot be able to get rid of these. Other than that, good work. :)

Ric

Reaction score
Prometheus said:
The website is fine, and I'm sure it will grow over time. My only niggle is the sponsered links inbetween thread replies, however depending on what forum software your using you maynot be able to get rid of these. Other than that, good work. :)
Thanks for you comments, they are much appreciated.

The adverts will only appear once per thread, after the first post. I can turn them off, but as long as Google serves up the right adverts (and not the public service ads) I think some of them are quite useful.

I will be taking the advert off the top of the page, I don't think it serves any real purpose.

Thanks again

Ric

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Go

The ads are fine...but I do know that you can move them with a little coding. I am not familiar with vBulletin, so I can't really help you there. It can be a hassle to do, so no worries.

This forum does seem to run a little on the slow side -- could be that you are still working out the kinks.

Enjoy,

C

Ric

Reaction score
Can I just check, is everyone seeing the proper 4x text adverts or are you getting the public service ads ?

I am getting more familiar with vBulletin and I can remove the ads if I want and move the around a bit. As long as the ads are serving up relevant info for the post, then for now I will leave them on.

Whilst I would not want to influence anyone to click on them, they hopefully will be of interest to some people, (on the memory thread the ads I see are for memory shops-I would find this usefull), They are never going to make lots of money but I am hoping that they will help pay for the upkeep of this site.

I find it strange though, that sometimes I can go on my wifes iBook at the same time as I am on another Mac viewing a thread and her iBook will show public service ads on the same thread, yet on my Mac I will see relevant ads.

Any info on the speed side, is appreciated, I will see what I can do about the bandwidth.

nice to see you again.

Ric

Ask a Question