iMovies Export Movie Options?

Reaction score
I've edited some video (1080HD). When I try to render it as a quick time movie, the final results look all pixelated. What settings should I choose so the output file has the same quality as the projects file? Thxs.

Reaction score
Your best bet is to share to quicktime, there is a lot of quality settings then. If you are burning it to DVD then it is always going to loose a lot of sharpness. DVD is SD.

Reaction score
Your best bet is to share to quicktime, there is a lot of quality settings then. If you are burning it to DVD then it is always going to loose a lot of sharpness. DVD is SD.

Thxs for the advice. I do know burning to DVD will degrade the quality a bit. What I don't know is what "settings" to use making a digital movie file that will retain the quality of the original edits.

Reaction score
There is no standard setting that I can give you, its a fine balance between size and quality. You have to experiment, you can just enter 1080 as the width and turn compression off, that will give you top quality, but the file size will be very large. You have to decide what is best for you.

Ask a Question