iMovie stuck "Optimizing movies. Processing Event"

Reaction score
My iMovie is stuck Every time I turn it on, and it just say:"Optimizing movies. Processing Event: -------- "

I have to go to Force Quit, and it say : iMovie(not responding), to turn it off.

This has never happened before. This happened recently after I imported a home movie(from firewire). And it has been stuck ever since. And I cannot use my iMovie since two weeks ago because it is just stuck there every time I turn it on.

Please give advice. Thank you.

(Maybe it has something to do with me trying "LIFEFLIX", a free to try software that is easy to use but requires $30 after capturing one tape. Since using it once my iMovie got stuck. If that is so I am rather pissed at them.)

Also is there an application that I can use simply to capture/import my movie and be able to watch them. iMovie import and then take a huge amount of time to process, then I have to "convert" each clip, which take another huge amount of time, to watch them.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of iMovie?
-Have you tried uninstalling LifeFlix?
-Which brand/model camera/video input device?

Depending on which camera you have and the format it records in, you will probably need some form of software to convert the RAW digital video file into one that can be played and/or shared.

C

Ask a Question