SOLVED IMAP and Mail Help

Reaction score
I don't know why I always have so much trouble with my Google Mail. Every time I open Mail now it asks for my password and I can send mail, but haven't been able to receive any. I get the little squiggly icon at the Inbox and the IMAP Acct. box. I'm so technically challenged wth stuff like this and am afraid to delve in too deep for fear of screwing something up royally. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
This is what happens when I put in my password. Do I need a separate password for the IMAP Acct and if so, I haven't a clue where I would find that. I can't enter it anyway on a blank screen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 12.35.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 12.35.02 PM.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 12.35.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 12.35.48 PM.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 21

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

What version of macOS?

Is Safari your default browser? If so, try changing it to Google Chrome and see if the login window isn't blank when it prompts you to enter your credentials.

C

Reaction score
Gad, I'm sorry. I am so stupid when it comes to this. I have OS X and Safari is my browser. I downloaded Google Chrome but can't see where I can get it as my browser. I'm sorry I'm so dense!! I did put it in my apps but then what? You helped me before, didn't you?

Reaction score
Gad, I'm sorry. I am so stupid when it comes to this. I have OS X and Safari is my browser. I downloaded Google Chrome but can't see where I can get it as my browser. I'm sorry I'm so dense!! I did put it in my apps but then what? You helped me before, didn't you?
Finally have Chrome but no difference when I enter my password.

Reaction score
I have now discovered my outgoing mail server says IMAP is offline. This is making me crazy.

Reaction score
Hi,

I believe when I set up gmail years ago that I first logged in to my account directly on gmail login page and changed IMAP to POP, then added To Mac Mail.

Ask a Question