IMac

Reaction score
Okay my iMac is about 3 years old I have the OS X El captain operating system I was having problems with viruses and malware or adware I paid $25 for I think it was called Max secure antivirus now that got rid of most of my problems I still had a problem with pop ups on my Google Chrome so I went on YouTube and looked it up and this guy suggested bitdefender which was a free adware malware antivirus I did everything that they said and I deleted quite a few things but I did not empty my trash bin well I did a restart what she suggested and that's when my real problem started I get a gray screen with the Apple logo it will start to load halfway through it will stop and on left hand screen real quick comes up white lettering and black background I had to go through this quite a few times to try and read what was up there but what I did get was something about some sandbox was my problem or deleted but anyways it goes to a screen that says we are experiencing problems then we will have to restart and it just keeps circling around that I can't get past the grey screen I have a girl that is an aid here and she has a MacBook and pretty knowledgeable and she was helping me and we tried numerous things I do not have anything backed up I do not have a startup disk and it really sucks because I'm a quad and I can't do this stuff by myself I always have to have someone help me and I'm getting nowhere any help would be greatly appreciated

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Do you have a backup of your data files?

I would definitely uninstall Anti-Virus by Max Secure, BitDefender, and any other third-party software like those apps. They cause far more problems than they supposedly fix. It sounds as if it has deleted part of OS X, which has corrupted your software and is preventing your Mac from starting up normally.

I strongly suggest taking it to an Apple Store to have them sort it out in person, as it could be very difficult to do via these forums.

C

Ask a Question