IMAC START UP PROBLEM

ROD

Reaction score
I just got s used IMAC.
When I turn it on, the grey apple comes up on the screen and the little turning symbol, then the screen just stays white?
Any thoughts on what to dry next?
Ihave turned it off & on a few times but the same thing happens

ROD

Reaction score
No idea how to.
I have mac os x install dics 1 & 2 version 10.4.8
I also have the same 2 discs but version 10.4.4 & a set of 10.4.7
looking at the 3 sets of discs, I am unsure which disc 2 goes with which disc 1
so am off to the Apple store to see if they can tell me

Last edited:
Reaction score
Put the DVD in the drive, reboot with the "C" key held down. Follow the on-screen instructions.

The DVDs must be for the correct model of iMac.

ROD

Reaction score
Apparently, the hard drive is pooched. Got to find one of them now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Help!!!!

My Mac fan starts up when power to the mac is switched on. This is when the mac is cold (first start in the morning) so no need for cooling. The fan stops when I switch on the mac from the back on- switch. The same happens when the mac is switched off at nignt or at any time. The fan only stops when actual power is switched off. Any ideas for a resolution. Unfortunately, the "genius" at the Mac shop have no idea. I tried reinstalling OSX unfortunately the problem remains.

Reaction score
This is a hardware sensor problem, it's hardware, so you will need to take it to an AppleCare service centre. While the Apple "genius" are good sometimes a 3rd party AppleCare service centre may have more time to find these tricky problems.

Ask a Question