Imac hard drive swap - display fears

Reaction score
Just finishing install of new HDD on IMac 2008 or so. When open, the display would only work if top was pulled away from the case. It feels as though when I screw it all back up I'm gonna have a problem. Anyone have reassurance or idea what I screwed up?

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The unique issue is that, while replacing the HDD, I thought the display was dead until, on a whim, I pulled it away from the case on the top just a 1/4 to 1/2 inch and it instantly came on. I put a wad of paper in the top to keep the distance and was able to complete the repair and reinstall IOS successfully. However, as soon as I push the top back flush with the case, to finish the job, the display goes dark. I do not want to go to the trouble of screwing it together only to find it doesn't work. Obviously something is making contact when the back of the display hits the frame.

Ask a Question