SOLVED IMAC 2011 MID - Thunderbird/HDMI - external tv connection issues.

Reaction score
HI - I have a Mid 2011 Imac which I've attempted to connect to a 1080p HD Samsung Tv for a second monitor.

I purchased a Thunderbolt adaptor that links to an HDMI cable and connected with that method.

So stage 1 all good Mac recognises the Samsung, brings up the relevant settings for screen display asks if you want to mirror or not, etc.

BUT

There is no display image showing on the Samsung - cannot work it out for the life of me why when the mac recognises the extended screen no actual image is showing (tv just stating no connection). I've switched the tv to the correct HDMI connection (have tried all four HDMI ports) yet.. none recognise. Set to mirroring so ensure there should be a full image shown. nothing.

Anyone any ideas?

thanks
Pete

Reaction score
You may have the wrong adaptor. For your iMac you need to use a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable.

Reaction score
News update - and this isnt the first time I've come across the "Apple Spec" throwing a curve ball.. I inded got a second adaptor sent through - Cheap but better qaulity than the last - And it works.. Oddly I assumed If it was ever going to work I'd have to reduce the Display format in some way. But displaying in HD 1080p and full screen size.

Ask a Question