ical server error

Reaction score
I keep getting this message and don't know how to make it stop. Anyone have the same issue? solution?
"The Server is Busy or Unavailable.
The server is currently unable to handle the connection due to temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. If this continues you should contact the server administrator."

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Usually this means Apple is working on their servers. I don't see anything on the iCloud system status page currently, but they still could be experiencing an outage/downtime.

-What calendars are you using? iCloud/subscribed/hosted iCal Server?
-Have you had this issue before?
-What version of Mac OS X and iCal are you running?
-Do you have an iOS device? Does it happen there too?

C

Reaction score
I keep getting this message and don't know how to make it stop. Anyone have the same issue? solution?
"The Server is Busy or Unavailable.
The server is currently unable to handle the connection due to temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. If this continues you should contact the server administrator."

Thanks, Cory,
I assumed it probably has something to do with migration to icloud. I was signed up with mobile me which has ended and have not established an icloud account. I have several macs here at the studio but the iCal issue is happening only on my office machine which is an iMac 3.06GHz core 2 dual running OSX 10.6.8 iCal version 4.0.4 which might be outdated?

Any thoughts?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Are the other Macs logged into the same account in iCal?

Sounds like it is an issue with the MobileMe to iCloud transition, especially if you are still logged into MobileMe in System Preferences > MobileMe pref pane, and you were syncing your calendars.

iCal 4.0.4 is the most current when running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Reaction score
Are the other Macs logged into the same account in iCal?

Sounds like it is an issue with the MobileMe to iCloud transition, especially if you are still logged into MobileMe in System Preferences > MobileMe pref pane, and you were syncing your calendars.

iCal 4.0.4 is the most current when running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

thanks,

Yeah, it's funny, when I go to preferences-mobile me I get a message "Account Status An error was returned from the server. Please try again later."

Would you recommend I sign out? switch to iCloud?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yeah, if you're getting that error, it's due to the iCloud transition.

I would transition to iCloud, but there are things you need to check before you do:

-You have to be running Lion or Mountain Lion
-If you have iOS devices, they have to be running iOS 5 or later
-Make sure you have a current Time Machine or other backup before proceeding
-Read through all the info on Apple's site before you proceed

Apple - iCloud - Your content. On all your devices.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Not a problem. Let us know if you get it sorted out or have additional questions.

C

Ask a Question