i-mac g5 os X 10.4 vertical multi-colored lines from top to bottom of screen

Reaction score
i was told that my problem was the mother board, just looking for a second opinion as well as possible options other than buying a new computer.

Thanks

Reaction score
Yep, thats the video chip on the motherboard. G5 amazed its still going.

Reaction score
The last G5 iMac was discontinued in March 2006. So its well over 6 years old. The G5 iMac was the most unreliable iMac ever made, IMO.

There is nothing you can order, there is nothing you can upgrade.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Funny you should say that about the G5.

I had to move heaven & earth to get Apple Australia to recognise the 4 faults my G5 threw up at me.

NextByte had just changed over their computer database and had somehow misplaced the information needed to back my case.

Every obstacle (and I do mean EVERY) was before me BUT just when I was about to throw in the towel, a simple email I had sent off earlier in the piece somehow managed to reach the right person and out of nowhere came a decent chap on the other end of the phone and against all odds, my new C2Duo iMac ... it was worth it.

Sending that choicely worded email did what yelling down the phone could never achieve.

Ask a Question