I keep calling favorites by mistake after hanging up

Reaction score
For about a year now, I've encountered an issue where, just as I'm about to end a call by pressing "end call," the other party hangs up first. This action unexpectedly takes me back to the "Favorites" or "Recent Calls" list on my iPhone 11, and I accidentally call the person listed right under the "end call" button due to the sudden screen shift.

I didn't face this problem with my previous iPhones, so it seems something changed with this model or a recent update. Does anyone have a solution to prevent this from happening? The individual who's 8th on my favorites list is starting to get quite bothered by the unintended calls.

Reaction score
I have done this myself on occasion. Hitting the end call after someone hangs up is also a problem if you have a 2nd caller. I always end up hanging up the 2nd caller as well.

There are a few things that you can do. The easiest is to use Siri to make phone calls rather than tapping on a name.

Also, you can swipe up to get out of the phone app once you make or receive the call hiding the phone app. If you need to go back into the phone app when on a call to use the keypad, you can either tap on the green phone icon that is in the Dynamic Island or on the top left of the screen.

Reaction score
Hey, this has been happening to me as well, but you can try this one quick fix I found for the accidental call issue when the other side hangs up first. Instead of hoping for an update, I've started using the lock button on my iPhone to end calls. This way, if I'm a bit late and the call screen has already switched, I'm just locking my screen instead of accidentally calling someone else. Simple but effective!

Ask a Question