I cant get out of recovery mode when i start my mac

Reaction score
Hi, I've had the problem since this morning and it makes me really nervous. I can not boot my mac to anything else than the recovery mode when i try starting it. When i enter disk utility i cant find the Macintosh HD (see picture). I have restarted my computer multiple times and always get into this. I have also veryfied and repaired the Macintosh HD bot i cant get the disk that should appear under it to appear. Can anyone please help me!!

Im also on a Mid 2014 Macbook pro retina 13.

Image of the disk utility where the under disk of Macintosh HD is not found: http://imgur.com/tp3dYeT

Reaction score
That link shows, at the Volume (ie, top) level, that just about all the space on your internal drive is available. Also, what is "SCRETCH DISK"?

The link implies that will need to install whatever OS you are using (by the way, what OS are you using), and any other "stuff" you have on a backup. You did remember to back up your stuff to an external drive, right?

Also, when you said you "repaired the Macintosh HD", how exactly did you do that? Also, did you do that at the Volume (ie, top) level, or at the Partition (ie, secondary) level?

Ask a Question