HPIO Trap Monitor message keeps appearing

Reaction score
Since upgrading my iMac from Tiger to Leopard an irritating message keeps appearing in connection with my HP PSC 2350 all-in-one printer. It tells me that:

The application HPIO Trap Monitor quit unexpectedly.

Clicking 'Relaunch' does not launch anything and clicking 'Ignore' removes the notice briefly but it always reappears within a few seconds.

I tuck the wretched thing away below the trash but it always comes back after a Shut Down and I would like to get rid of it completely. Any ideas please?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Since upgrading my iMac from Tiger to Leopard an irritating message keeps appearing in connection with my HP PSC 2350 all-in-one printer. It tells me that:

The application HPIO Trap Monitor quit unexpectedly.

Clicking 'Relaunch' does not launch anything and clicking 'Ignore' removes the notice briefly but it always reappears within a few seconds.

I tuck the wretched thing away below the trash but it always comes back after a Shut Down and I would like to get rid of it completely. Any ideas please?

Have you seen this:

Update Required: Mac OS X v10.5.x for HP driver v9.7

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Thank you for this, but I am afraid it doesn't address the precise problem

Do you mean to say you have already applied the above?

Try deleting all of the installed HP files, then reinstall and apply the latest updates/patches as per the above link.

Is the precise problem that you want the message to stop appearing? I've found that in most instances, the removal of that HPIO Trap Monitor error/alert message seems to have been achieved by the above advice.

Reaction score
I also get this message after installing the printer driver for an HP PSC2350 and it is driving me nuts. I have tried everything suggested in this, and other threads, and nothing works - I get "permission denied" when I issue the Unix command.

I have just got my first MAC and I am soooooo disappointed - my recollection of MACs in the 80s is that they were reliable, intuitive, easy to use and you never got this kind of problem. Maybe it's just me but I am beginning to wonder whether Bill Gates did get it right in the intuitive and 'less hassle' areas when installing 3rd part software? Or is it HP who have screwed up?

Help!

Ask a Question