How to view VCF files without importing to Contacts App

Reaction score
I can quick-look it but it is scanty information
I would not want to import and mess it up with my existing contacts

Reaction score
QuickLook is useless... shows no tel numbers, adresses, comments

vCardWeb Viewer does show more information but it is annoying as it always requires verification that I am not a robot. But this is the best alternative for now. Thanx

Reaction score
Quicklook will only show the full contact info of a vCard if is a single contact. If you have a multiple contact vCard then Quicklook only shows the names of the contacts in the group.

Reaction score
Quicklook will only show the full contact info of a vCard if is a single contact. If you have a multiple contact vCard then Quicklook only shows the names of the contacts in the group.
OK, I'm obviously missing something here. Here are two of my cards as seen by Quicklook. Nothing is missing.
Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 21.49.57.png
Screenshot 2024-03-31 at 21.56.09.png

Reaction score
If you highlight 2 or more contacts or select a group and then drag them to your desktop, it will create a multi-contact vCard.

If you use Quicklook to view that vCard you will only see the name of the contacts in the group.

Reaction score
That is what I said and thought too
So in order to see the contents you have to import to Contacts, where they will mess up the existiting contacts
so the app does not allow you to undo.
vCardWeb Viewer is an alternative to view without importing to Contacts

Last edited:

Ask a Question