How to un-administrator myself?

Reaction score
In my Monterey 12.6, in my account, I am designated as having Administrator privileges (though there is a separate Administrator account). I'd rather only Administrator be allowed to administer. I can be both, but I'd rather have an extra barrier set up before doing bad stuff. In my account "Allow user to administer this computer" is checked *and* dimmed. I can't uncheck it. How do I uncheck it?

Reaction score
In my Monterey 12.6, in my account, I am designated as having Administrator privileges (though there is a separate Administrator account). I'd rather only Administrator be allowed to administer. I can be both, but I'd rather have an extra barrier set up before doing bad stuff. In my account "Allow user to administer this computer" is checked *and* dimmed. I can't uncheck it. How do I uncheck it?
Just log out and log into the other Admin account. There, you should be able to designate yourself as non-admin.

Reaction score
Thanks. That was easy. Actually, I tried doing that from the other Admin account, but I tried to do so WITHOUT logging myself out. That didn't work.

Ask a Question