SOLVED How To Take Best Quality Images?

Reaction score
What settings should I have on my iPhone in order to take the best quality images?

Seems my iPhone is taking very low resolution images and I don't remember that being the case a few years ago.
I'm thinking setting were accidentally changed somehow.

I'm on an iPhone X iOS 16.7.5.

Thanks in advance!

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Check Settings > Camera and make any necessary adjustments. Also, make sure you aren't zoomed in and are taking photos at a 1x settings. Digital zoom can take photos of objects farther away, but at the expense of a little quality/sharpness.

iPhone camera basics

C

Reaction score
Tenarrows, I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max so settings may be a little different but as Cory has said check Camera in Settings and check your format. Also, I apologise in advance if this is just too obvious, but make sure your camera lens is clean and unobscured by a case or cover.
In Camera Settings check your Format is "High Effeciency" which is HEIF/HEVC.
You may also have a HDR (High Dynamic range) setting, it's automatic on mine but you may need to enable Smart HDR.
Lastly in Photos Settings ensure View Full HDR is on. This enables you to view your photos display in HDR.

Reaction score
Thank you both for the help. I didn't realize I received replies on this topic until now. I'll check into all of that.
We can consider this resolved.

Ask a Question