How to sync?

Reaction score
It occurred to me that I hadn’t synced my iPad to my laptop for a couple of years and, since I last did it, iTunes has been discontinued. What do I use now so that I have a clone of my iPad saved on my laptop in the event that something goes wrong with it? I don’t use iCloud and always just connected laptop and iPad with a cable.

Reaction score
If you attach the ipad with a cable it will show in the side bar of Finder, click on it and you will be able to Backup and Sync.
Now that iTunes is no longer used, use the Music app instead

Reaction score
If you attach the ipad with a cable it will show in the side bar of Finder, click on it and you will be able to Backup and Sync.
Now that iTunes is no longer used, use the Music app instead
Thanks for your reply. Before, when joined with the cable, the iPad wasn’t showing up in Music, and I didn’t think to check Finder. Tonight, it is not showing up in Finder but now it is there in Music. However, there’s a message in the Music pane saying the iPad is open in another window and I don’t know what it is to close it. I tried ejecting the iPad, removing the cable and rebooting the laptop but still that message is displayed When I reconnect them. I also can’t find where to view the different categories to that I can choose what I want backed up or copied to the iPad. Why do Apple keep changing things!

Ask a Question