How to open clarisworks files in os10

Reaction score
My wife loves her 1991 classic mac but it has finally given up as has the printer. She has some files on floppy disc created in claris works 1 which she would like opened. We have a macbook running Elcapitan and an old imac running Snow Leopard and we still have the Imation superdisc reader. I cannot open the claris works files I get “does not support classic environment”. Any ideas?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you have Pages 09 try that or otherwise try the free open source office suite, LibreOffice, it should open your ClarisWorks file. I recommend saving a version of the ClarisWorks files in Rich Text Format.

LibreOffice download link

Reaction score
If you have Pages 09 try that or otherwise try the free open source office suite, LibreOffice, it should open your ClarisWorks file. I recommend saving a version of the ClarisWorks files in Rich Text Format.

LibreOffice download link
Spawn_Dooley, Thank you so much. Magically everything opened in Libre Office keeping formatting and even opened my wife's Christmas card list labels. So easy!

Ask a Question